suspended CVD graphene
Phone: +41 61 207 39 06
|2019-||Post Doctoral researcher at University of Basel in the group of Prof. C. Schönenberger|
|2015- 2019||PhD in Physics at University of Basel in the group of Prof. C. Schönenberger
PhD thesis: “Transport Spectroscopy of Semiconductor Superconductor Nanowire Hybrid Devices”
|2012-2015||M.Sc. in Physics at University of Würzburg in the group of Prof. L. Molenkamp
Master thesis: “Spin pumping in the 3-Dimensional Topological Insulator HgTe”
|2009-2012||B.Sc. in Physics at University of Würzburg in the group of Prof. F. Reinert
Bachelor thesis: “Surface characterization of the topological insulator Sb2Te3 through scanning tunneling microscopy”
I am working on semiconducting nanowires (NWs), which are coupled to superconducting materials. In collaboration with the group of J. Nygard from the University of Copenhagen, who provides the InAs NWs and the group of S. Tarucha from the University of Tokyo we investigate the transition from a normal wire state to the topological phase. Exotic particles like Majorana bound states can be generated in such systems. In case of a pair of NWs one can even go a step further and generate Parafermions which have been proposed as a building block for topological quantum computing.
List of Publications
- C. Jünger, R. Delagrange, D. Chevallier, S. Lehmann, K. A. Dick, C. Thelander, J. Klinovaja, D. Loss, A. Baumgartner and C. Schönenberger, Magnetic field independent sub-gap states in hybrid Rashba nanowires, ArXiv: 2001.07666 (2020).
- F. Thomas, A. Baumgartner, L. Gubser, C. Jünger, G. Fülöp, M. Nilsson, F. Rossi, V. Zannier, L. Sorba and C. Schönenberger, Highly symmetric and tunable tunnel couplings in InAs/InP nanowire heterostructure quantum dots, Nanotechnology 31, 135003 (2020).
- C. Jünger, A. Baumgartner, R. Delagrange, D. Chevallier, S. Lehmann, M. Nilsson, K. A. Dick, C. Thelander, and C. Schönenberger, Spectroscopy of the superconducting proximity effect in nanowires using integrated quantum dots, Communications Physics 2, 76 (2019).
- D. I. Indolese, S. Zihlmann, P. Makk, C. Jünger, K. Thodkar, C. Schönenberger, Wideband and on-chip excitation for dynamical spin injection into graphene, Physical Review Applied 10, 044053 (2018).
- S. Baba*, C. Jünger* S. Matsuo, A. Baumgartner, Y. Sato, H. Kamata, K. Li, S. Jeppesen, L. Samuelson, H. Q. Xu, C. Schönenberger and S. Tarucha, Cooper-pair splitting in two parallel InAs nanowires, New Journal of Physics 20, 063021 (2018).
- C. Seibel, H. Maaß, M. Ohtaka, S. Fiedler, C. Jünger, C.-H. Min, H. Bentmann, K. Sakamoto and F. Reinert, Single Dirac cone on the Cs-covered topological insulator surface Sb2Te3, Physical Review B 86, 161105 (R) (2012).